- This event has passed.
15 May, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm£60
Join a Totally Wild UK professional forager to learn the art of foraging and to discover the vast range of wild edibles lying all around us before cooking up your very own wild food lunch.
WHAT TO EXPECT
After our initial meeting, we will go through the basics of foraging.
We will then head out to discover what exciting wild foods are growing nearby.
During the foraging event, your professional forager will introduce you to a number of edible species; giving you tips on harvesting, correct identification and possible look-alikes.
You will have an opportunity to taste a huge range of pre-made wild food tasters from pickles to jams, chutneys, syrups, flavoured salts, alcohol infusions and much more.
AFTER OUR FORAGING WALK
We’ll cook up a 2-course lunch utilising wild and foraged ingredients picked on the day – and some bits prepared by the Totally Wild UK team. In the past we’ve created:
- Wild risotto
- Wild noodle salad
- Wild beans and dips
- Orange and hogweed seeds cakes over an open fire
- Dandelion root coffee pancakes with birch syrup
- Elderflower cheesecake
These items will change with seasonal availability but will always be deliciously wild.
All of our food is vegetarian. Please contact us should you have any other dietary requirements.
FOLLOWING THE EVENT
You will be provided with a number of things to help you to continue foraging in the future:
- Totally Wild UK foraging tote bag
- A follow-up email providing details of what was foraged on the day
WHAT TO BRING
Ultimately bring along anything you feel necessary for a day outdoors. We will be outside for the majority of the course during rain or shine. We do advise the following items:
- Suitable clothing for the predicted weather (an umbrella if it’s predicted rain)
- Sturdy footwear
- A drink – some wild flavours may be strong and water is always advised for a days foraging
- Snacks should you feel the need for them during the foraging walk
- A pad or paper should you wish to take notes
Totally Wild will provide any specific kit required for the event to run including bags and baskets, cooking kit and foodstuffs for cooking.
Children are welcome on our courses, children under the age of 12 are free to attend – 1 child per paying adult.
Well behaved dogs are welcome on our courses, apart from Cornwall coastal courses where dogs aren’t allowed on some beaches we visit.
Finalised course details are sent out on the Tuesday before the event to the email address used during the booking process. This email will include:
- Finalised and specific meeting location and details
- An introduction to your forager for the day