Apple Day at Horsenden Farm
25 September @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Apple Day at Horsenden is back! And this year we have a bumper crop of fun and activities for your enjoyment. There’s something for everyone, here’s a taster:
- Have a go at apple pressing and sampling the exquisite Horsenden apple juice – there’ll be some to buy too!
- Join in fun apple games, learn about Horsenden’s orchards and the latest plans; relax at a musical story telling session in the Sensory Garden.
- Say hello to Luna the magnificent working horse and find out more about traditional methods of woodland management.
- Refreshments include delicious home baked cakes and scones, hand crafted pizzas from the clay oven, hot and cold drinks and a licensed bar serving craft beers brewed on the farm.
- Buy fresh bread, vegetables, eggs, honey and jam from the farm shop and lovely gifts from the craft stalls.
- Get involved – find out about volunteering opportunities from local community groups.
- All this plus live music and dance in the Courtyard throughout the afternoon. And let’s not forget the grand Apple Day raffle – lots of wonderful prizes for you to win.
This popular annual event is a long standing tradition for Horsenden Farm and one where our community comes together to celebrate the mighty apple.
Please note that the car park will be closed to the public for the duration of the event. There will be access for Blue Badge holders only. Please use public transport or walk or use the free parking spaces along Horsenden Lane South.